If you’re reading my column, you probably find me charming. Let’s face it – it’s the only explanation as to why you wait with bated breath to read what I have to say every week. And allow me to put all modesty aside…I AM charming!
Even though I love all of my friends, I need to be adored by MORE people! Seriously, it’s a bulldog thing. Ask my friend, Butler Blue II, Butler University’s mascot. There is simply no such thing as “too many friends.” On those days I’m feeling particularly energetic, I will run from person to person, slamming my delicate body into people’s legs because it’s how I show affection – AND how I tell you, “Hey! Look down here! Scratch my bum!”
I know what you’re thinking…you’re thinking, “So, Tup, what’s all this leading up to?” Well, friends, I present to you “Tupper’s Top Five Reasons Open House Kicks Tail.”
5. I’m welcome everywhere. There are TONS of events happening. Sure, there are times when things are a little quiet on the weekends, but not during Open House! And I’m always welcome. Well, almost always. I don’t think they want to see me in Salmo. Something about health code violations. Harumph!
4. I get to have a sleepover at the Callahan House. That’s right…the President’s residence is ALL MINE for the night. Auntie Kati and Uncle Ron take such good care of me! And they’re always on the go, so they take me tons of places. I like being the “Big Dawg on Campus!”
3. I am exposed to a variety of cultural events. That just totally made me sound smart, didn’t it? Last weekend, I hit up a lacrosse game, a baseball game, cruised by a soccer match, Admission events, academic showcases, and, of course, the Bryant Players’ production of Rent! I came very close to joining in on the singing…I love it when Momma sings to me!
2. I get my time in the spotlight. I love how Uncle Ron and Auntie Kati do the “big reveal” on stage. I strut out there, happy to have all eyes on me. In fact, no matter where I am, when I hear applause, I assume it’s for me because, well…I’m fabulous! The Mommas say so. They wouldn’t lie…would they?
1. Everyone wants to meet me. And take my picture…and have their pictures taken with me! When I’m riding in my Bulldog Buggy, I’m a good height for all that love and attention. Sometimes, ya gotta think about the older folk (like my Mommas). I’m not going to lie – I like my Buggy, too!
So there you have it. Tupper’s Top Five Reasons Open House Kicks Tail. Don’t forget – I’m on Facebook (www.facebook.com/bulldogtupper) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/bryanttuppy). Get at me! Til next time…WOOF!