I really don’t like when there’s no Bryant Bulldogs football game on Saturdays on campus…I’m lost! This Saturday, your 3-1 Bulldogs football team is in Stony Brook, NY; then they return to campus October 12. The good news is that October 12 is HOMECOMING, so plan your school work accordingly because it’s also alumni weekend. It’s gonna be fun. Guaranteed.
So what do I do when there’s no football? I can fill my time pretty easily. This weekend was especially easy because it was Fall Open House. I present to you “Tupper’s Top Five Open House Experiences.”
5. GOING TO CAMPUS! If you’re a returning student, you probably can’t help but notice that I’m not on campus as much this semester. Long story short: My Momma Tina has full custody of me while her (and my) Momma Claire gets some home improvement projects done. You may or may not know that taking care of me and taking me to Bryant appearances is Mom’s volunteer gig as a Bryant alumna. She also has a full-time job at Bryant, so she’s gotta make sure she meets all her other deadlines before she can bring me around. Bummer, I know. But things’ll get better soon, don’t worry.
4. GETTING “SQUEE’D” AT! You know what I mean by that? It’s the squeal/shriek of a rabid fan. I get “Awws” from dog fans; “OMGs” from bulldog fans, and “SQUEEEEEEEs” from Tupper fans. Apparently, my reputation precedes me. Understandable. I’m handsome, charming, AND erudite. Total package. BAM!
3. GOING ON STAGE! Some humans get stage fright. Not me. I LOVE being the center of attention and having all eyes on me. The only problem is that no one’s scratching me on stage. But that’s okay, as long as I hear applause – I just know it’s for me.
2. GETTING MY BALL! My ball! I love my ball! It’s so round, so perfect, so SQUISHY! It’s hard for humans to understand – it’s a dog thing. Once I get it, I’m never giving it up! And when I’m at home, I NEVER get to have it, so I love being able to chew it.
And the number one Open House experience:
1. MEETING MY PEOPLE! From the prospective students who are undecided to those who are committed to coming here, they are my newest fans. Then there are my old friends I run into who are helping out. What a great community here! And from all the humans, I get scratchies. And then MORE scratchies.
So there you have it. Tupper’s Top Five Open House Experiences. Don’t forget – I’m also on Twitter (@bryanttuppy) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/bulldogtupper). Get at me! I’ll see you soon. ’Til next time…WOOF!